Sunday, August 4, 2013

IHOP KC once again

It is our last night at IHOP KC. We don't want to come home. We have settled and this place feels like home to us. We even saw a neighborhood today that was called Newcastle (could it be a sign?) We come home, like we always do, because God is so good and His way is perfect. We come back to Brea because for now He says Brea. It is quite a thing to listen to God. His leadership is good. He is the good Father. These are not words that are casual for me. These are words I believe, fully.

IHOP is just the most amazing place. I have sat in this room day after day and just continue to have revelation of who He is.  It has now been six years. I learn more about myself with each visit. I watch my daughters blossom in Him. To be sure this can happen anywhere. But for us it happens here. That is also very real.

This week I had a very real battle. On Wednesday night I broke my own rules and let an outsider pray for me. The encounter was so mind blowing that I cannot put it into words. To be sure it took all my energy to not pass out, to stay focused. I can only tell you that I became so hot I felt sick. My ears began to ring and my vision was gone. I was either encountering the very real Holy Spirit in His glory or I was in a battle against a very real demon. I had no grid for this moment and because it came through an outsider I became frightened quite quickly.  The man frightened me more as he became arrogant with the power he felt the Lord had given him. I began to have nightmares that night. They continued for the next three days.

Today we had a trusted friend over and she prayed for me and just cast off anything that may not be from God. I had a very powerful encounter while she was praying over me. It was the same experience that I had on Wednesday, minus the fear.

I don't know about breaking my rules. She was of the opinion that the man was a brother but he was broken. She felt the presence of the Spirit on me and in me. Here is what I do know. Once she prayed over me I knew the presence of the Lord was with me and I felt way different after the encounter than I did Wednesday. There was no boasting in what we were doing. Just a deep love for who this God is. Oh how He loves us. Here is free info on that. What I have taken this visit is that I will never love myself or others until I fully know how He loves me. This is not knowledge gained. This is very real experience in Him and in His love.

IHOP KC where anything can and does happen.