Monday, January 9, 2012

Jesus + Nothing

I am not in a storm. But I am in a season of costly discipleship. The Father is stripping me. He is making me His again. It does not look what we think it will look like. I am unafraid but I am in a place that begins to make my reflection look strange. I am in a place where I must ask is it in the Word. I am in a place where I must ask does it look like what He looks like?
I am done being relative and I am finished with peace and safety. I am putting on my remembering hat. I am adding nothing to and taking nothing away. I am reminded of Michael Eaton and His constant declaration of "Jesus + nothing." I want that and that can only be had in Him. There is a reason why David always cried out for the Father to be His refuge. We only need refuge when we are running or hiding or returning or abiding? We don't need refuge when we are under the illusion that all is well. See I've made a discovery? Nothing is well apart from Him. He is our strong tower, He is our refuge. We sing it all the while crying peace and safety. In Psalm 71 it says, "Be my strong refuge to which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me, for You are my rock and my fortress." I have had peace and safety and it is an illusion. It is the strong delusion sent by the enemy. It tricks us into a Christianity that looks like the world looks. It is a Christianity that is filled with the glorification of me and not Him. He is reminding me that I do not want that. He is reminding me that I signed up to glorify Him. I am told that this revelation is going to cost me everything; And that when this season is done there will be very few standing with me, arms raised, declaring, "Jesus + Nothing"... Maybe, no one, I'm told. They say I'm going to lose everything but Him. We will see.